Parenting --Teens/Why would an 18-year-old girl follow her father

Why would an 18-year-old girl follow her father instructions 100 percent when he puts many permanent tattoos on her body and not complain? She says that as long as she can still properly present her self abroad, and can hide those tattoos for a job interview she does not care.

If you want an excuse to act like and emulate your parents you have it.  Their past gives you permission to make the same mistakes as they did.  They have little to say about telling you no when they did what you think you should be able to do.  The difference is that you know the difference and are asking because you feel like you want to be free to chose like they did but you also understand the decisions they made have long term consequences that you can see are not positive nor helpful in creating a truly free life.

You have the excuse but do you have the courage to chose differently?

Parenting --Teens

Richard Taylor

I can answer questions regarding parenting and child rearing.

I am the father of Ten children and have been married for over 29 years. My wife and I have adopted two children and have successfully raised into adulthood four of our ten. We are Grandparents and have experience in that area as well.

I have a Masters in Special Education, with over 15 years in education and over 29 years as a successful parent.