Parenting --Teens/Trick on my Daughter?

Hi, Kjirstin!

My daughter loves to camp out in our backyard in a tent. She sleeps in her My Little Pony undies. It's adorable!

What's a good prank I could play on her while she is camping?  :)

Hello, Lisa-

You have asked the wrong person this question.

A parent should NEVER tease, "prank" or otherwise disturb, frighten or injure a child. No matter the name used, this type of behavior is designed to amuse YOU, and in no way encourages, uplifts or helps your daughter.

Parents who find this type of behavior entertaining need to seek professional help. You need it.

I sincerely hope your back yard is fenced and private, though that won't keep YOU out.

Consider she may be in the tent to avoid being in the house with you.

Is there an adult in her life with whom she could safely live until you decide to grow up?  

Parenting --Teens

My own dysfunctional youth in an alcoholic family helped me decide to raise my children with love, acceptance, and honesty. It must have worked. We`ve got terrific kids. Those I've answered on this site usually feel I've been helpful in their unique situations. Our world is so much better when we lift instead of crushing. Every child is worth more than any bank can hold. If I can help at all, it will be in teaching both parent and child of their own personal value to humanity, and how to punch through the noise of the moment to find their greater purpose. Together, we can all make a better world.

Past/Present clients
Tired, poor, huddled masses; homeless, tempest-tossed.