Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Sudden change in my 3 year old girl's behavior

Question
hi,
I'm very worried about this sudden change in behavior in my 3 year old child.

She s been  perfectly potty trained for a year, and her teacher tells me that she s been wetting herself everyday for a week.

Also she told me that for the past week she has been regressing significantly at school, not finishing her schoolwork, not answering when they ask her question.

This is very sudden since she is normally very outgoing and never has trouble at school.

Something else that i have noticed is that she has been suddenly refusing that her nany bathes her. Which has never ever been a problem before. They get along really well.

I have to say that i have been away for the weekend and left her and her siblings with her grandparents.

But the potty training regression had started before i left. Also, i came back at the beginning of the week and that was when her schoolwork changed so i doubt it has anything to do with me.

How can i find out what has caused this sudden regression in my child? what could she be struggling with?

Please help.

Answer
Hello Val,

Besides asking those people who have been with your daughter for the past few weeks, there is perhaps nothing you can do to determine why she has experienced a regression.
Often, young children have regressions and you can't figure out why it has happened.  However, you can deal with this period of regression by being patient, loving, and supportive until she gets over it and returns to the approximate level at which she was before,

Any questions?

James Windell

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell