Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Attention spans of 2 year old girls vs. boys

Question
What is the attention span of a 2 year old girl vs. the attention span of a 2 year old boy

Answer
Hello Leigh,
I'm not aware of any research that differentiates the attention spans of boys versus girls in the toddler stages of development.
However, in many cognitive tasks in early childhood, girls seem somewhat more advanced over boys. And boys, often (perhaps because of socialization) may be less able to focus as long as girls on certain tasks. And, of course, there is some evidence to suggest that boys are more likely to experience attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
All of that being said, two-year-olds in general have a fairly short attention span. Many children around the age of two can only focus for a few seconds or a few minutes on any topic or task. By reading them stories and engaging in joint attention activities, parents can help expand the ability to attend.
Best,
James Windell

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell