Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Question about child sees genitals

Question
So I was attacked and questioned rape and abuse.  After a lot of the abuse, this picture of me seeing my baby brother's penis at age 11 for 3 seconds went through my head.  I was compelled to choke myself with an electric cord.  I had been raped and this image kept going thru my head and so I told my mother what I had done.  That I'd seen my brother's penis at age 1-2 for 3 seconds.  I'd never seen.  When confronted with molesters and rapists around me, I feel compelled to not judge and it bothers me.  I came to this site and read a lot about different perspectives.  I've OBVIOUSLY never had any interest in children or people younger than me.  In fact, I feel a little sickened by people who are "sweet like children" and these things actually are a turn-off to me and I feel a sense of revulsion.  Just wanted to make sure there's nothing wrong with me and announce it again.  Additionally - I remember being in daycare playing in a crawl box on the playground with another boy.  I remember his name was Marcus.  He flashed me and I flashed him.  We were 3 at the oldest, 4.  It took 2 seconds and then I RAN out into the playground.  I hope that this is normal, whenever I judge an abusive man or a rapist or pedophile these thoughts go thru my head again and again.

Answer
Hello Robin,
 I'm sorry to hear that you are disturbed by images from your childhood that keep coming back to you.
Nothing you have described in your email sounds abnormal. However, if you continue to be troubled by images that flash in your mind, it might be well to see a counselor for a few sessions to learn how to keep these images from intruding on your thoughts and bothering you.
Best wishes,
James Windell

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell