Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/daughters behavior at school

Question
I have a 6 year old daughter and twice this week in school has had a couple of incidents. The first one was cutting her hair because someone said they would give her a dollar. This was a big amount of hair cut. The second incident is she pulled her pants down in the classroom today.  Concerned and am wanting any advice I can get to help her through these behavior tendancies.  Thank you

Answer
Hello Kimberly,
This is an example of the poor judgment and mistakes that young elementary students make. You did not say that she has a history of using bad judgment nor that she has a history of behavior problems, so I assume that generally she uses fairly good judgment.
It is important to let her know your expectations and what kinds of standards she should follow when making decisions at school or when she's with her peers. For instance, you can tell her that you expect that she will use good judgment when she's at school or around other children. You can say that you expect her to stop and think about what might happen when she is tempted to do something that she knows to be against the rules.
Furthermore, you can let her know that what she did (in these two instances) was inappropriate and you expect that she will not do those things again. You can tell her that you usually trust her and that you have confidence that she will use good judgment in the future and make good decisions. And you can tell her that you think she will make you proud in the future by making smart decisions.
I hope this helps. Do you have any further questions?
Best,
James Windell

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell