Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Health issue of a 1 yr old

Hi,my 1 yr and 1 mon old daughter has got seizure last month and light traces of pneumonia.she was treated with antibiotics until apr 12.Got fluid in her left ear which seems to be normal by the doctor.but still now,I can hear wheezing sound while sleeping and not her cold is completely gone .am afraid of using antibiotics again.
When consulted doctor last week again,diagonised with throat infection which is very mild and we were told to give antibiotics only if she is cranky,less food and sleep and continuous fevers.
Right now my concern is she is getting low grade fever but is active and not bad at eating or sleeping.
Should I be concerned with these getting 100.7 or 101.2 kinda temperature and likely stuffy nose which is likely to be continuing from the past month?

Hello Kms,

I would like to be able to help you, but the questions you are raising are medical issues. I believe the best advice I can give you is to trust your pediatrician. And do address any and all questions to the pediatrician who knows your child.

James Windell

James Windell

I can answer questions related to normal child development, disturbed behavior and how to provide appropriate guidance and discipline.

I've been a clinical psychologist in a juvenile court, worked in school settings, been a child psychotherapist in a private psychiatric clinic and consulted with schools, courts, hospitals and daycare centers.

American Psychological Association
Michigan Psychological Association

I have been a columnist with the Oakland Press (Oakland County, MI) for 21 years writing a weekly column called Coping With Kids, which is also published weekly in the Staten Island Advance. I have been a mental health columnist with the Detroit Free Press and a columnist for Working Mother Magazine. In addition, I have published articles in professional journals. I have published 16 books, among them are "8 Weeks to a Well-Behaved Child" (IDG Books), "Discipline: A Sourcebook of 50 Failsafe Techniques for Parents" (IDG Books); "Children Who Say No When You Want Them to Say Yes" (IDG Books), "What You Need to Know About Ritalin" (Bantam Books) "6 Steps to an Emotionally Intelligent Teenagers" (John Wiley & Sons), "The Fatherstyle Advantage" (Stewart, Tabori & Chang) and "Defusing High Conflict Divorce" (Impact Publishers). My latest parenting book (2012) is "The Everything Child Psychology and Development Book." Articles about my work with parents has appeared in the New York Times, the Chicago Sun Times, the Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press. My website at includes more information about me, my books and includes many columns I've written.

B.A. in Psychology from Wayne State University
M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Oakland University

Best Educational Program by Juvenile and Family Court Judges Association (National award for the development of a parent training program for parents of delinquent teenagers. Beth Clark Service Award from the Michigan Psychological Association.