Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/sleep

Question
Hello, I have a 26 month y/o child and was wondering how many hours is within normal range for him to sleep within a 24 hr period. At night he sleeps about 13 hours and normally takes a 3 hour nap. This seems like a lot..is it too much? Thanks

Answer
Hello Whitney,

There is a lot of variety in the amount of time children sleep. Typical night-time sleeping hours range from about 12 to 15 hours. Many children are ready to give up naps during their second or third year, but some children continue to have naps of varying lengths.
Your child seems to need a lot of sleep, but there is no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the number of hours he is sleeping each day.

Best,

James Windell  

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell