Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Toddler crying in class

Question
My gal is 3 and is in independent class since Jan. But she is still having problem adjusting to school. Her teacher left after 2 months and she started not wanting to go to school. I witnessed some disciplinary issues in the class at that time, resulting teachers are always scolding the kids( though not scolding my gal). I asked to change class and all was well for three lessons and that's when the new term starts and the newcomers are all accompanied. To this day the caregiver of a child is still accompanying her in class and my gal is asking for such attention as well. I have previously tried drop and go for abt 3 weeks now and is useless and the other child caregiver is still in the class and teachers are fine with that. Issue is I think since this is an independent class I should not sit in. What should I do?

Answer
Hi Eunice, It is difficult for me to say if you should sit in the class as I don't know if that will make matters worse or better, it sounds like that could lead to a new habit that maybe you don't want to start.  

It sounds like your daughter was happy with her first teacher and may not be adjusting well to the changes and her current teacher's approach.  If it is a problem with the teacher, then  sitting in the class will probably not help your daughter with this issue.

I do think that if she is upset when you leave but getting through the day without crying and settling down within 30 minutes after you leave, then sitting in will not solve the problem.

If this problem doesn't improve in 6 months or the your daughter starts behaving differently or has issues at home then you may have to consider moving her from that school.
Kind regards, Eleanor.  

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

Eleanor Formaggio