Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/my 8 months old cries hysterically whenever I am out of sight

Question
hello,

my son is 8 months old. he is healthy.good-eater.he is fine otherwise but cries hysterically and jumps to me whenever we go to any unknown place and any less known or unknown person holds him.he has got a breatholding problem.I think he goes easily to the persons he knows but screams loud when he is not accustomed with. But I am not sure of it.Because he happily goes to anybody in the road. In some environment he feels uncomfortable and cries madly if I am out of his sight.He cries madly in front of my family members, my brother, my aunt. He cries heavily in my in-laws place. I feel so ashamed. Everybody tries to manage him. Everybody says I have given him too much time that is why he is behaving in such a manner! There are other children. But nobody is like him.But I go out for office every day for 4/5 hours. He stays peacefully with his baby-seater.In home he is in such a playfull and adoreble mood! I regularly have taken him outside to adjust with the environment outside and not become home-sick from very early stage. I do not know what to do.
Please help.

Answer
Hi Sohini,
There is nothing critical to worry about. Some kids have the tendency to take time to adjust in new environments. In new environment, the child sees you as source of security and therefore clings onto you. This is a phase which will usually die out when child is 1.5-2 years old. However you keep encouraging the child to mingle more with others in your presence and gradually increase the period of absence with the child.
All the best.

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

Neha Aggarwal Vakil