Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/Kid problems

I have a couple of issues as a father who is in need for advice. First of all, let me introduce myself. I am 26 yrs old, married to an amazing wife, with two kids, and a dog. We stay in a 2 bedroom apartment. Now let's get to the issue.(the kids) They are both boys; one is 2 years old and the other one is 1. They are sweet at times, but are very frustrating to me when it comes down to keeping the apartment clean. They trash this apartment like it's a trash bin. I constantly cleans up to the point that I feels like a janitor. I puts all my pride into cleaning up because I love breathing cleanness of a house. Me and my wife tries to keep it clean, but them two as a team is a nightmare. We even made the 2nd bedroom out of a play pin for them by putting toys in there and a TV with cartoon on it, but instead, they drag the toys into the living room.  That's not all, they love to stay up late to where me and my wife doesn't have any alone or quality time together. The attention between me and her are blocked by those two rascals. And they wakes up so late like around 11am-12:30 pm at the most.( My 2 year old son's bed is next to our bed and our 1 year old sleeps in the bed with us. The 2 bedroom is across the other side of the apartment, but my wife does not like them that far from our bedroom due to safety reasons of fearing that someone would sneak in and take our kids. Also, it's hard to teach my 2 year old to brush his teeth...all he wants to do is suck the tooth pasted off and bite down onto the tooth brush. Another issue is getting my 2 year old off pacifies. When we takes his away, he cries like some one is dying or he looses his, he steals his little brother's. Even when he goes without a pacifier, the moment he sees that we gave his brother a paci, he cries for his, especially at bed time. Another issue is that all my 2 year old wants to eat is junk food (chips, candy, cake,etc.) I really need your advice. I am dad who wants to change a few things around the house professionally. Thanks in advice.

Dear Cornell,

Thank you for contacting me. I understand how frustrating parenting can be especially when we have more than one child. I have posted an answer for you here

Best Wishes!
Dr. Mary Kay Keller

Dr. Mary Kay Keller

Ask me about my research on Fathers and their babies! I presented the only TED talk on Fathering to date. I answer questions concerning Infants & Toddlers & the developmental stages that they are in and referral information when necessary. It doesn`t matter what the psychological or emotional behavior they are exhibiting. What matters is that you ask the questions & search out solutions! My individual private confidential services are listed here. My books and creative arts are listed here Do come and visit today! Dr. Kellers' Blogging. Post your questions 24/7.

¿Quieres hacer preguntas en español? Haga clic aquí para pedir en español y traducir al Inglés.

I have worked with Infants & Toddlers of teen parents, single parents, parents, , military parents, gay parents, alternative caregivers & grandparents raising grandparents. I was trained as an Infant Massage Instructor and in the Nurturing Parenting Education program. I have knowledge of breastfeeding, developmental play, intuitive parenting, appropriate boundaries and rule setting with toddlers, potty training, and developmental stages. I work with all parents and caregivers of babies, toddlers and preschoolers.

Social Service Workers License, National Council on Family Relations, Nurturing Parenting Educator, Infant Massage Instructor

Loving Touch - Why Babies Need Massaged. International Attachment Parenting Journal Fathering Journal of Behavioral and Social Sciences

Education: A.A., B.S. Honors, (Psychology & Sociology), S.S.W., Masters, & PhD Child and Family Studies (bonding & attachment). Confidential services and books are on my website.

International Who's Who of Professionals & Honors in Psychology

Parents, caregivers, grand-parents raising grand-children, foster & adoptive parents, single parents & teen parents, relative care and all who were caring for infant & toddlers!