Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/baby's development

Hi ma baby is just entered 6th month.still he is not turning back ,which is the position to crawl.even he is not often turning back or nit trying to do that.when I make him to sleep on sleep he is completely moving his head down.and turning his back.but without pillow he is not.sombody askng being in his 6th month hi. Is not there any necessary to take him to doc.
and another problem is IM keeping ma baby boy in Ac.bcoz of extreme hot.most of thee tym...approx  18 hrs that cause any health issue ..and I maintain 27 temp.and fan speed nabys body is generally hot but there s no raise in temperature.plss surely answer my question

Hello Rekha,

I don't think there is a reason to take him to a doctor, but you should give him opportunities to be on the floor and to move around. Also, in play or daily activities, give him a reason to move or to turn over. That is, if you put him on the floor on his tummy, you can move around to different sides of him so that he has to move to see you. If you have colorful toys that you are holding and put just out of his reach, then he might start crawling to reach them.

The air conditioning should not be a problem, although, of course, he needs fresh air once in a while. If it is cooler in the morning or evening, maybe you can take him outside for a while.

If you have other questions, please get back to me.

James Windell

James Windell

I can answer questions related to normal child development, disturbed behavior and how to provide appropriate guidance and discipline.

I've been a clinical psychologist in a juvenile court, worked in school settings, been a child psychotherapist in a private psychiatric clinic and consulted with schools, courts, hospitals and daycare centers.

American Psychological Association
Michigan Psychological Association

I have been a columnist with the Oakland Press (Oakland County, MI) for 21 years writing a weekly column called Coping With Kids, which is also published weekly in the Staten Island Advance. I have been a mental health columnist with the Detroit Free Press and a columnist for Working Mother Magazine. In addition, I have published articles in professional journals. I have published 16 books, among them are "8 Weeks to a Well-Behaved Child" (IDG Books), "Discipline: A Sourcebook of 50 Failsafe Techniques for Parents" (IDG Books); "Children Who Say No When You Want Them to Say Yes" (IDG Books), "What You Need to Know About Ritalin" (Bantam Books) "6 Steps to an Emotionally Intelligent Teenagers" (John Wiley & Sons), "The Fatherstyle Advantage" (Stewart, Tabori & Chang) and "Defusing High Conflict Divorce" (Impact Publishers). My latest parenting book (2012) is "The Everything Child Psychology and Development Book." Articles about my work with parents has appeared in the New York Times, the Chicago Sun Times, the Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press. My website at includes more information about me, my books and includes many columns I've written.

B.A. in Psychology from Wayne State University
M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Oakland University

Best Educational Program by Juvenile and Family Court Judges Association (National award for the development of a parent training program for parents of delinquent teenagers. Beth Clark Service Award from the Michigan Psychological Association.