Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/baby's development

Hi my baby boy just entered 8th month.and he started. To roll over on his 5th month end.nowmy problem is baby is not sitting  and crawling yet.and we, he was on his tummy I keep some toys reach out f that he start crawls,but my baby strech his hands for that.and son times he lifts his butt by placing face on d bed and try to,move farward but he cud NT.
even he is not siting also.i heard that  these qctivities duffer from baby to baby....
and my family keeps on asking ,that y he is not siiting.....
and I never leave. Him on floor,I always keep him n that aproblem for nit sitting n crawling

Hi Bhagya,

Your concern is valid. It is true that every child differs in their pace of development. I suggest get the physical examination done first to  check  the vitals.
Meanwhile with the help of support of pillows and cushions just make the baby sit for a few minutes initially and gradually increase the time. Once sitting posture is accomplished keeping toys in front will help him gain crawling posture.
All the best,

Neha Aggarwal Vakil

I am working as a consultant in Child Development and Education. And can answer questions pertaining to the development issues of children aged 0-8 years. The answers will be pertaining to the long term benefit of the children and the family on the whole. More doable by parents themselves, with little perseverance and will.

I have been working in various capacities with children both directly as well as indirectly. My major research area has been early childhood care and education.

Indian Government based research organisations.

Presented papers on various National and International forums for Child Development on parent child interactions, parenting practices and providing appropriate stimulating environment.

Master's in Child Development, TA 101

NCERT fellow (a national apex body of government of India; Member Home Science Syllabus review Committee,NCERT