Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/bathing problem

Question

I am full time working mother  of a 3 years old boy. I generally leave house at around 9/9:30 am and come home around 6: 30 to 7:00 pm. He stays in a day care. His father takes him to the creche and also returns him home. We actually are happy people and happy family.  But very buisy. I generally make my baby ready for the day care. He starts creating problems and  gives tremendously resists the bathing. It is sometimes so much severe that I had to take him to the creche without bathing him. After my return he never leaves me for second. He needs me for sleeping. We actually co-sleep. But he remains awake untill I came and sleep with him. It is very troublesome because I didn't get any time to go to toilet or else. Can you please help?

Answer
Hello Sohini,

It sounds like the first problem is your son resisting his bath in the morning.

I wondered if bathing always bothered him from birth, or has that problem only started recently? If it started when he was younger, what part of the bath do you think bothers him? The water, the soap, disliking his skin being touched or rubbed, getting his hair wet? If you could answer these questions that would help.

Also, what is your routine in the morning and how does bathing fit into the routine?

I understand you are a busy family, but it will be important for you to answer these questions so I can know what to recommend.

Let's deal with the bathing issue first, then we can go on to talk about his sleeping problem.

Email me back with answers to my questions. I promise I will reply quickly.

Best,

James Windell

Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers

James Windell