Parenting--Toddlers/Infants/Pre-Schoolers/sleeping in cradle

My 8 month old son sleeps in a spring cradle since he was 3 months my concern is that I heard it will harm the baby(brain damage) by using spring cradle. Is that true? His developmental stage all going normal.Please help as I am really upset.

Hi Deepika,
You need not worry. Sleeping in spring cradle or on baby bed is a choice of parents and also a matter of cultural choice. But be careful that the baby does not fall from the cradle as he is going to become more active going forward.

Best Regards,

Neha Aggarwal Vakil

I am working as a consultant in Child Development and Education. And can answer questions pertaining to the development issues of children aged 0-8 years. The answers will be pertaining to the long term benefit of the children and the family on the whole. More doable by parents themselves, with little perseverance and will.

I have been working in various capacities with children both directly as well as indirectly. My major research area has been early childhood care and education.

Indian Government based research organisations.

Presented papers on various National and International forums for Child Development on parent child interactions, parenting practices and providing appropriate stimulating environment.

Master's in Child Development, TA 101

NCERT fellow (a national apex body of government of India; Member Home Science Syllabus review Committee,NCERT