Parrots/Sun conures

Question
We are interested to get baby sun conures. Would you recommend them to children for pet? Many had stated they are loud birds. Are they better in pairs or single pets? Is it better to get them after they are wean or will the bonding be better getting them earlier?  Thank you

Answer
--  These are delightful little birds with big personalities.  They are, by nature, very happy, enthusiastic and playful.   Like any toddler on too much sugar they can be exhausting and yes, loud.  BUT the thing about a well cared for bird is that come nighttime they quietly go to bed and never make a peep 'til morning.  

It's teaching the humans how to be good owners that's sometimes difficult

----------
 Why not take a look at everything involved in owning a bird - from the cage set up to the diet required (not seeds!)  and pics of the girls www.4AnimalCare.org/birds

And if you want the bird to be bonded to you and your family, do NOT get another bird.  Two birds will tend to bond to each other (birds of a feather and all that)

Yes, this bird will be good with your kids as long as they are taught to respect the bird.  If a bird doesn't want to be handled or play - then respect that.  Their mood will change soon enough and they'll respect you right back with kindness and love  

Parrots

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott