Parrots/tail feather drop?

I have a 6 month old conure, we have had her for a month,  tonight I came in the room and all the tail feathers were on the floor,  1.  not sure if the dog pulled them out, did not hear any distress from the bird,
2. not sure if they molted, 3. she came home a month ago and was put in a corner were she could see the room my husband said closer to the window makes her happy so 4 days ago I moved her Iam not sure the bird liked it,  it seemed more active and vocal and doesnt want to interact with us when it can look out the widow, my husband also had the bright idea of changing the bird over from seed and pellet mix to nutri berries, is all this too much for the bird or do you think I should take her to the vet?  she has now been moved back to the origianl position in the room and will go back to the old diet. will her beautiful red tail grow back?? Please say yes she looks so strange now.
thanks for your time

-- I'm very concerned over this sudden feather loss.  Since she's new to you to begin with, now would be the perfect time to establish a vet and get her baselines on record.  There is nothing worse than trying to find a vet during an emergency.  That's where the high charges come in.  As a well bird visit you can have her seen by an avian specific vet in my area for about $40.  

And don't forget that once or twice a year visits just for check ups and nails trimmed (wings too) is common these days with responsible bird owners.

I'm probably more concerned over a dog having possible access to her.   You don't know how many, many stories I can woefully tell of dogs and birds seemingly living harmoniously together for years until ONE day when the owners come home and find nothing but feathers and body parts from a dog 'playing' --  the devastation is awful and nothing will get that day back for a do over.  

Cages aren't the protection you might think.  Many birds can be reached by a dog (or cat) through the bars and all it takes is having hold of any body part

Molts do not happen all at once with this type of bird.  During a molt they will retain their flight ability (in nature that is) and that's not possible with all tail feathers missing.  Even though our companion birds are not living wild, their biology still dictates that a molt is never disabling.

Nutri berries are not a base diet.  They are a supplement or treat.  Please get her back on pellets.  No seeds.  

As for the feathers growing back:  They should.  Unless the root was harmed you should see new feathers popping through in a couple of weeks with new feathers fully formed by late spring or summer.

Again, please see a bird specific vet ASAP .  That is, a vet who sees only birds or at least the majority of their practice being birds.

And check here for more bird info, feeding options and care  

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott

Certified Avian Specialist; Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council member; Own animal rescue org; National Wildlife habitat #66378; bird care, nutrition & behavior consultant; International Assoc. of Animal Behavior Consultants Associate; National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club member; published bird care, info and behavior articles and guides. Ongoing education in exotic bird behavior and nutrition I can answer behavioral, nutritional, environmental, characteristic/personality questions as well as general health and health care. No animal emergency can ever be addressed on the internet. We cannot see your animal, perform an examination, provide necessary care or medication. Please value your companion for the priceless, living creature they are; not for what you might have paid for them.

Certified Avian Specialist. For more than 30 years I've worked with veterinarians, protective facilities, nature centers, preserves and on my own in providing care and education with regard to multiple animal species, including raptors (hawks, kestrals, owls, etc) and marsupials. In recent years I've focused on parrots, usually rescued from abusive or less than ideal situations and helping educate owners as to proper care. Expert in behavior studies and modification of problem behavior.

4AnimalCare is the organization I run as an animal ministry; World Wildlife Association, Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club and more

Bird Talk Magazine articles about rescued and problem macaws.

Doctorate, Ordained Minister