Parrots/How do I Tame a Scared LoveBird

She is fine coming in and out of her cage. Her wings are Cliped and She can still fly around the house without stoping. She has never bitten me. She doesn't mind me. It's just when she sees my hands. She 1 and I'm Trying to Tame her because her mate died 2 months ago a hawk ate in infront of her. I think that's why she's so scared easy.

--  How did a hawk get to the birds?  This is a significant issue.  

As for hand taming, you need the wings trimmed enough that she won't flop to the ground if frightened, but so she cannot get lift or distance.  

Here's a guideline on everything bird:

Including how to tame  

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott

Certified Avian Specialist; Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council member; Own animal rescue org; National Wildlife habitat #66378; bird care, nutrition & behavior consultant; International Assoc. of Animal Behavior Consultants Associate; National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club member; published bird care, info and behavior articles and guides. Ongoing education in exotic bird behavior and nutrition I can answer behavioral, nutritional, environmental, characteristic/personality questions as well as general health and health care. No animal emergency can ever be addressed on the internet. We cannot see your animal, perform an examination, provide necessary care or medication. Please value your companion for the priceless, living creature they are; not for what you might have paid for them.

Certified Avian Specialist. For more than 30 years I've worked with veterinarians, protective facilities, nature centers, preserves and on my own in providing care and education with regard to multiple animal species, including raptors (hawks, kestrals, owls, etc) and marsupials. In recent years I've focused on parrots, usually rescued from abusive or less than ideal situations and helping educate owners as to proper care. Expert in behavior studies and modification of problem behavior.

4AnimalCare is the organization I run as an animal ministry; World Wildlife Association, Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club and more

Bird Talk Magazine articles about rescued and problem macaws.

Doctorate, Ordained Minister