Parrots/covering up

Question
I cover up my cockatiel at 9:00pm and uncover here at 8:00am, is this a good ammount of sleep for her?

Answer
-- It's not too bad, but what we try to effect with all of the birds here is 12+ 12.   So if you normally arise and start the day at 8 a.m., putting your little guy to bed around 8 pm is good.

If it's a SHE, you might want to increase the nighttime hours by 1 or 2, especially during the winter months, in order to help control her being broody (sort of like a birdy 'heat' that can result in excessive egg laying which is dangerous)

Find out more here  www.4animalcare.org/birds  

Parrots

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott