Parrots/Lesser too behavior

Question
meka
meka  
I am a new too owner and I was bitten the.first day I got her. That was 2 weeks ago and I'm terrified of her because of it! I talk to her all the time, feed her through her cage, and she ( I think) has warmed up to me quite a bit! The only thing is, I'm still scared to even try to have her step up or even touch her for that much!! How can I tell if her demeanor is for the good or the bad? Also, what does eye pinning mean? I've read a lot about her breed but never does it say what eye pinning mean. She gets on the cage bars with her beak stuck through it, and just stares without blinking. What does that mean? What does it mean when her crest stands up and she starts moving her head back and forth really fast? And one last thing, how do I overcome my fear of being bitten again? I really want to hold and cuddle her but I'm so scared!!! What is a favorite food for toos? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions but I want to know everything I can about my new friend!! Thank you!!!

Answer
-- The answer won't fit here, so go here www.4animalcare.org/birds  to not only get all these answers, but follow along with photos and lots more

You cannot leave her untouched.  The more you do this, the less likely she will want to be touched, ever.   This is something you need to work on right away.

It would have been a lot more beneficial if you chose a cockatiel rather than a big cockatoo for a first bird.   It's like going from high school to the 2nd year of college .  You really need bird experience before advancing to the more complicated (and costly) needs of a larger psittacine like this, but since it's done, I'll do my best to help

www.4animalcare.org/birds  really gets you started  

Parrots

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott