how do I play with a baby parrot that was born on May 18, 2013?

-- How do you play with a baby parrot?   Gently!   At this age your bird will enjoy little 'tug of war' sessions with a clean, safe cloth.   A wash cloth is fine, strips of old tee shirts, etc.

--  Dangle it over its head and lightly brush it up against the cheek - all the while make encouraging sounds that convey 'happy' and 'fun'.   IE:  "Polly, get the snuggly.  Good bird!"

You get the idea.

Hide and 'peek' is another fun game.   First, hold a cloth up, over your face and ask "Where am I ?" -- Then reveal yourself with a happy, "Here I am!"

Eventually you may be able to briefly hold the cloth over Polly's (no name was given in this question) head and ask "Where is my Polly?" - then lower the cloth and exclaim "There you are!"

You may also roll a cat's ball with a bell toy and teach your bird how to 'fetch'

Have fun!   Look here for more  

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott

Certified Avian Specialist; Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council member; Own animal rescue org; National Wildlife habitat #66378; bird care, nutrition & behavior consultant; International Assoc. of Animal Behavior Consultants Associate; National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club member; published bird care, info and behavior articles and guides. Ongoing education in exotic bird behavior and nutrition I can answer behavioral, nutritional, environmental, characteristic/personality questions as well as general health and health care. No animal emergency can ever be addressed on the internet. We cannot see your animal, perform an examination, provide necessary care or medication. Please value your companion for the priceless, living creature they are; not for what you might have paid for them.

Certified Avian Specialist. For more than 30 years I've worked with veterinarians, protective facilities, nature centers, preserves and on my own in providing care and education with regard to multiple animal species, including raptors (hawks, kestrals, owls, etc) and marsupials. In recent years I've focused on parrots, usually rescued from abusive or less than ideal situations and helping educate owners as to proper care. Expert in behavior studies and modification of problem behavior.

4AnimalCare is the organization I run as an animal ministry; World Wildlife Association, Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club and more

Bird Talk Magazine articles about rescued and problem macaws.

Doctorate, Ordained Minister