Parrots/heat tempetures for a Macaw

My Macaw loves to be taken outside and i want to know when is it to warm for them to be outside, I live in southeast Texas and don't want to hurt him with the high temps or humidity.

--  It doesn't matter much with the heat as long as they have shade available and a mister  (light spray of water on in the bird's area).

If you see 'panting' - the bird's mouth is open and the tongue is moving from top to bottom beak (panting) - the bird is too hot.

When a bird's FEET feel very warm - make a point to cool them off by lightly running cool water over them

Of course have fresh, cool water for drinking at all times.

If these provisions cannot be met, bring the bird inside and wait for the heat to break  

Rev. Dr. S.August Abbott

Certified Avian Specialist; Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council member; Own animal rescue org; National Wildlife habitat #66378; bird care, nutrition & behavior consultant; International Assoc. of Animal Behavior Consultants Associate; National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club member; published bird care, info and behavior articles and guides. Ongoing education in exotic bird behavior and nutrition I can answer behavioral, nutritional, environmental, characteristic/personality questions as well as general health and health care. No animal emergency can ever be addressed on the internet. We cannot see your animal, perform an examination, provide necessary care or medication. Please value your companion for the priceless, living creature they are; not for what you might have paid for them.

Certified Avian Specialist. For more than 30 years I've worked with veterinarians, protective facilities, nature centers, preserves and on my own in providing care and education with regard to multiple animal species, including raptors (hawks, kestrals, owls, etc) and marsupials. In recent years I've focused on parrots, usually rescued from abusive or less than ideal situations and helping educate owners as to proper care. Expert in behavior studies and modification of problem behavior.

4AnimalCare is the organization I run as an animal ministry; World Wildlife Association, Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, National Wildlife Federation Leaders Club and more

Bird Talk Magazine articles about rescued and problem macaws.

Doctorate, Ordained Minister