Parrots/MY Parrot's red eye

dear Doctor,

i have my parrot since a year ago, and today is the first time ever  notice that his right eye became watery and is getting red all around it, and the parrot is trying to keep it close as much as possible ,, i have no clue about that.. i don't know what to do, and i don't know any parrot's or bird's doctor here in my area, i live in Beirut by the way.. so please i appreciate your quick response as soon as possible cause it very hard for me to watch him weak like that :( ,, thanks alot

Hi,Good day. Thank u for your question, Im from lebanon too and im not a doctor but as a hobby and experience i specialise with various bird species. It would be better if you mention your parrots' type so we can trigger down the problem. Anyhow, There are many possible reasons and when you said its a red watery eye , these are the possible things i triggered: 1. If you have and heat light or ultraviolet light or any sort of direct light really close or above its head then remove it directly. Dont spray his eye or it will get worse. 2. Another reason can be THAT IT IS A MILD EYE INFECTION caused by irritation or alergy or dry air. Make sure you keep your bird indoors at this stage with room tempreture. A cool undusty place would be great !. Make sure its not too cold and not hot. Watch the eye very closley and also watch whether he is eating as normal, moving as normal and acting normal. Make sure all is right. You can wait a day or two and if he is eating normaly and it seemed to get better then that may be simply a small infection that will get well soon however if it starts getting worse and you see your parrot not eating well or a change in attitude then you must visit a vet ASAP. This happend with my cockatiel parrot earlier and he kept it close but it turned out a normal infection. Good luck. Thank u.
Visit my youtube channel called Parrot Whisperer which shows you ways to teach your birds amazing tricks, taming your bird and more.
Kindly like my facebook page named bird tameness where you can contact many experts and connect worldwide with all bird lovers

Parrot whisperer

I am able to answer any question regarding Parrots including : trick training Health illness symptoms such as feather plucking how to tame them how to deal with agression or depression problems Parrots as first pets how to know there approximate age cages,appropriate toys for excersise how to know whether they are male or female how to deal with emergencies(injuries, wounds..obesity...ect) Things i may not be able to answer: very deep unknown illnesses or difficult to recognise or breeding large parrot species.

I have many years of experience with birds. i have dealt with alexanderines, cockatiels, african greys , cockatoos, umbrellas, galahs, sulfur crested, rednecks, lutino cocktiels, pied cocktiels, congos , timinehs and more. I have recieved many customers asking to tame , train and teach there birds tricks and about there healthy diet. I have transformed their aggressive depressed bird into a cuddly loving creature. The whole secret is offering them love, dedication and time ! I have written a full taming and training book present now on called: secrets to taming, training and teaching birds tricks revealed. This book aims to untilise both bird owners and the birds themselves I have organised a page on facebook named bird tameness which specifically advices,solves, shares and deals with all bird problems and aims to build "trustworthiness" with bird owners. Also, i have offered many free training and taming videos on my youtube channel named "Parrot whisperer".

-bird tameness facebook page-i belong as a manager, personal trainer and founder -bird tameness' supplies facebook page -taming, training and rescuing unwanted birds in dubai -guiding bird lovers to purchasing the right pet for them in UAE.

The official book i personally published called: secrets to taming, training and teaching birds tricks revealed.

-bird tameness facebook page -researches conducted - -major experience with parrots and organisations.

recieveing praises, complements, Thani you emails and more for helping wordldwide people with there birds incluDing US, SOUTH AFRICA, DUBAI , LEBANON AND MORE.

i have a moderator, content creator, sponser and a manager of the bird tameness facebook page