Party Planning/Gift for baby's 1st birthday

Question
Hello,
I am Jyoti.
I wanted to know what is the best gift to give to my niece on her 1st birthday, which is on 14 march.
I want to give her something which would be of some help to her.
I would also love to give something fashionable.
Please suggest some theme for a surprise birthdaqy party which i want to throw for her.
Thank you in advance

Answer
Hello Jyoti

This is SO personal I doubt if strangers can be any help! Just my opinion.
And also Nationality, culture and other life stuff will come into play.

For me ... I'd give something of value that will have longlevity and is NOT fashionable. That will 'date' but something like a classic piece of jewellery will hold value and be wearable in 10, 15 or more years time.

So .... I'd go with gold or silver .... a locket, pendent, charm or similar.

As far as your party theme .... she's one, so anything will be a surprise! A theme? I'd go with something cultural .....that has meaning. But without knowing what that would be for you .....

Good luck

John

Party Planning

John Gordon