Party Planning/Joint Birthday party invitation and theme

Question
QUESTION: My son and husband have the same birthday in June.  My son will turn 1 and my husband will turn 30 so it was be a huge event.  The event will be outside and lunch will be provided.  I am having a problem coming up with a theme that works for the both of them.  I want my son to have a kid themed birthday but I need to incorporate my husband some how.  Originally it was going to only be my son's birthday but things have changed.  My husband likes to fish and likes the ocean and my son is too young to really like anything. The only thing that I can come up with is "One fish, two fish, young fish, old fish" I want some cute invitation language also.  Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

ANSWER: Stefanie

I like what you are trying to do but don't think I can help. I think there are answers within the info about the 'men' in your life .... but without a lot to draw upon (ie even their names, the date, more about their personalities etc) there's nothing to work with - except the things you've offered which you admit haven't solved it.

For that reason .... I wish you well, hope you do solve it as I'm sure you will and have a great double event.

John

QUESTION: If I gave you more information do you think you could help? If so, what type of things would you need to know.

Answer
Hi Stefanie

I don't think I could. I feel that only you and your family and close friends could really create something requiring personal touches about such important people. If I were 'coaching' you I'd ask you to note down a few phrases and sentences plus some other personal traits etc about them both, then sit with you and help you piece them together to make an interesting, loving, compelling theme, invitation etc.

Short of that .... If I were you, I'd sit with your husband and do it. You are two people who know best and it would come from your heart.

Good luck

John

Party Planning

John Gordon