Party Planning/Party food estimate

I am planning a baby shower for my daughter. We have decided on cold buffet, salads, pasta salads, wrap sandwiches etc. How do I estimate how many trays I will need for 60 people. Not everyone eats the same thing. The menus I have say a large tray feeds 15-20. The deli always talks me into more than I need.

If all you are serving is the cold buffet foods i would say about 8 oz. To 12 oz plates per person. That would essentially mean about 2oz cheese and 2 oz to 3 oz meat. The rest is made up with the take the salads and divide the ounces equally. Per pwrson that would be a rough ratio. Hope this helps a little.

Party Planning

Sandra Sable

I can answer questions on menu planning, custom food design, recipe creation and creating food safe parties. I can also help with budget management and food purchase amounts. I specialize in creating memorable events through food and decor, as well as theme parties.

I have planned a large number of parties of varying types. Your event can be anything from a dinner party to a wedding for one thousand people. I have a great eye for all details big and small. I can create special events on any budget. I own a restaurant that specializes in event planning and catering. I get great satisfaction creating beautiful moments. I look forward to helping with all your questions and helping you create.

I studied arts and sciences in school, this lead to a love of costumes and fashion. I created clothing for performing artists and this branched out to creating the looks and the parties. I later studied catering and event design. This is my passion and creates the base for my business.