You are here:

Party Planning/Public Liability Insurance & Risk Assessments


Dear John,
Do you know who does public liability insurance for art and craft workshops?
Can this same sort of insurance be used for a stall selling crafts?
Also, people ask for a risk assessment if you are going to do workshops. Is this just something that you write up yourself and present to the organiser and the PLI company?
Best wishes,


It's not my area but I'm sure a Google search would come up with a few.

Try these:

The companies will tell you what cover is available and whether a separate policy is needed for a stall. There are policies fro stall holders .... again, a Google search would reveal these.

On the subject of Risk Assessment .... yes,simply create a form yourself (there are templates online) and fill in what is relevant.

Hope these links help........


Party Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Gordon


Stuck for ideas? I can help with ideas on theming, entertainment and anything creative. I specialise in the unusual and have created party experiences for small gatherings right up to large international corporations. I have a great original idea that is totally flexible and personalises the party in a way that touches people.


I have been involved with Corporate and Private Events for many years. I both organise and provide entertainment at a wide range from house parties, anniversaries, celebrations, fun days, conferences, seminars, workshops and street parties.

I gained a degree in Graphic Design and Communication and worked as a Creative Director and Design Consultant for over 20 years. My consultancy Gordon Ollis Design gained commissions from leading International Blue Chip companies and won awards for the work we produced. Since then I've worked in the event industry being involved with theming and entertainment at a wide variety of parties, events and celebrations

©2017 All rights reserved.