Party Planning/arabian nights birthday for 4 year old

Hi John,
Having an arabian nights themed birthday party for a four year old. We will be handing out little belly dancer skirts for girls and vests for boys. Want a creative way to say dress up attire provided.

Hello Nicole

I'm going to bow out of even attempting this one. Firstly I am in the UK and feel that the wording we use may well be not what you require. You'd need warm local style language and phrases which I am unaware of.

Also I don't really understand the theme and how this will work.

I would say that you should say it in plain words - suggest what they DO wear and say that they will be dressing up in costumes provided. Then there ill be no confusion and disappointments.

Good luck with the party ....

Party Planning

John Gordon

Stuck for ideas? I can help with ideas on theming, entertainment and anything creative. I specialise in the unusual and have created party experiences for small gatherings right up to large international corporations. I have a great original idea that is totally flexible and personalises the party in a way that touches people.

I have been involved with Corporate and Private Events for many years. I both organise and provide entertainment at a wide range from house parties, anniversaries, celebrations, fun days, conferences, seminars, workshops and street parties.

I gained a degree in Graphic Design and Communication and worked as a Creative Director and Design Consultant for over 20 years. My consultancy Gordon Ollis Design gained commissions from leading International Blue Chip companies and won awards for the work we produced. Since then I've worked in the event industry being involved with theming and entertainment at a wide variety of parties, events and celebrations