Party Planning/entertaining people with small apartment

Hi John, I am a single person and live a small apartment. The apartment itself is a nice apartment but extremely compact and it sometimes makes me reluctant to host people there.

What are some options for gregarious people who may not have a lot of space to host parties and dinners but still want to do so? I would imagine that with a lot more living alone and in small spaces in a big city would face a similar issue.

Many thanks

I can't see a problem .... but how you handle it would depend a lot upon you, your character, your friends, your intentions etc as well as what you feel the 'real' problems are.

I'm also wondering what you consider a "small apartment". Is it too small to host a dinner for 12? Or a dinner for 4? Or even to invite just 1 friend over?

I guess you have several options:
For parties and dinners, I guess you'll just have to hold them elsewhere (like restaurants or other space for hire).

For single potential romantic get togethers,  perhaps it is SO small you are concerned about the intimacy and proximity and it may create the wrong impression. In this case, I'd have your social evenings elsewhere until you get to know them better, then they will be comfortable in the space (as they know you and you will have explained).

I hope this answers your question ......

Party Planning

John Gordon

Stuck for ideas? I can help with ideas on theming, entertainment and anything creative. I specialise in the unusual and have created party experiences for small gatherings right up to large international corporations. I have a great original idea that is totally flexible and personalises the party in a way that touches people.

I have been involved with Corporate and Private Events for many years. I both organise and provide entertainment at a wide range from house parties, anniversaries, celebrations, fun days, conferences, seminars, workshops and street parties.

I gained a degree in Graphic Design and Communication and worked as a Creative Director and Design Consultant for over 20 years. My consultancy Gordon Ollis Design gained commissions from leading International Blue Chip companies and won awards for the work we produced. Since then I've worked in the event industry being involved with theming and entertainment at a wide variety of parties, events and celebrations