Party Planning/Multi-Celebration wording

This has been a very busy year in our extended family and there have been quite a few parties already so I am hoping to combine our events but wanted a second opinion as to whether it would be too much. (Please excuse the run-on sentence.) In our immediate family we are celebrating the birth of our fourth child, our daughter's second birthday, my husband's 34th birthday, and a major renovation on our home. I am planning a "Beaus and Bows" theme to cover my husband and baby (the beaus) and Bows (my daughter) and hosting the party at my home (thus showing the updates to those who care to see.) Is this too much to try to cram into one event?

Over the years I have been involved in many multi celebrations. Some work better that others and really only you can decide whether your family circle would understand and like this way of dealing with things.

My own view? I'd have thought that a joint celebration (assuming the dates are in close proximity) of the new birth, your husbands 34th and the home renovation could easily work as the same friends and family would be involved. However I do feel that your daughter deserves a 2nd birthday party of her own with other 2year olds and friends coming for her special day.

That's all I can say. Hope it helps.

Party Planning

John Gordon

Stuck for ideas? I can help with ideas on theming, entertainment and anything creative. I specialise in the unusual and have created party experiences for small gatherings right up to large international corporations. I have a great original idea that is totally flexible and personalises the party in a way that touches people.

I have been involved with Corporate and Private Events for many years. I both organise and provide entertainment at a wide range from house parties, anniversaries, celebrations, fun days, conferences, seminars, workshops and street parties.

I gained a degree in Graphic Design and Communication and worked as a Creative Director and Design Consultant for over 20 years. My consultancy Gordon Ollis Design gained commissions from leading International Blue Chip companies and won awards for the work we produced. Since then I've worked in the event industry being involved with theming and entertainment at a wide variety of parties, events and celebrations