Party Planning/Church hall 70th birthday party

Question
Hello!  My Dad is planning a 70th birthday party for my Mom and has selected the venue as a church hall. I've seen a lot of ideas on pinterest on decorating, but I am stuck on how to cover the 2 bingo boards on the wall in a cost-effective way.  I would love pipe and drape the whole wall, but that's just not budget friendly for me.  Any suggestions on how to cover the large bingo boards in a way that doesn't look obvious or silly?

Answer
As you will know .... decor isn't part of my remit. However, I'll add an idea in case it sparks some new thought directions for you.

You haven't stated just how large these boards are or whether they are displayed high up or eye level .... so I will take a guess.

Why not cover them and keep them as 'boards' .... but having created a plain background you can use them for other options. Here's a few ideas:

1) Borrow a projector and project (could be from laptop photo album) a scrolling album of photos of Mom , family and friends.

2) The same, but as a pinboard of photos and clippings etc.

3) One both (depending upon size and number of guests etc) could be used as a message board. Provide markers in different colours (Sharpies) and ask guests to make a contribution.

That's how I would make best use of them .... not hiding but by making a feature!

John

Party Planning

John Gordon