Pathology/bone marrow biopsy

Donna wrote at 2012-08-17 15:46:03
I recently had a bone marrow aspirate tool Your bone marrow results are similar to mine, except mine is markedly hypo-cellular with cellularity 10-20%; left-shifted; no iron stores. I tested negative for cancer and MDS. I have had neutropenia for the past 25 years and maintained a healthy life.  My hematologist told me that I am a mystery and as long as I am healthy there is nothing that can be done.  My motto is live life and don't worry about it!

mother of sds child wrote at 2012-11-15 04:56:52
please review with your doctor the possible Shwachman diamond syndrome.... patients with this syndrome present with this kind of bone marrow. AML and Aplastic anemia are a great risk for these patients and your results looks perhaps like an SDS patient... which are at high risk for cancer especially given your low white counts and neutropenia.

Pathology

Neha Dahiya MD