Pathology/Partial Thyroidectomy

Question
I had a partial thyroidectomy on Friday.  I had a 2cm nodule that two biopsies showed as suspicious with calcium deposits.  The plan was to have a pathologist look at the nodule during surgery and take the whole thyroid if it appeared cancerous.  3 pathologists looked at the nodule and none could rule out cancer.  So, my question is it more likely that the nodule was cancerous since after looking at it, none of the 3 could rule it out? I don't get the results for a week and while trying to recover from the surgery, I'm freaking out as well.  Thanks.

Answer
Hello Karen:

It could be due to variety of reasons that a diagnosis could not be made.
The tissue removed may not be representative or as sometimes it happens with frozen sections that the histology is not clear.

Without having seen the slides it's hard to say what the diagnosis is.
Please wait for the report to know the final diagnosis.

Pathology

Neha Dahiya MD