Pathology/leukemic cell count from CSF

Ihad a spinal tap on June 6 2014 and I am still waiting on the pathology report for the leukemic cell count. I am wondering why this particular report is taking so long. all other reports have been concluded and were sent to me with in 5 to 7 business days. I would appreciate your opinion.4

Hello KJ:

The leukemic cell count should not take this long. Even if it were sent to another reference laboratory it should be ready within a week. Please check back with the laboratory or your doctor. They may have misplaced the report or not sent to you

Neha Dahiya MD

Help patients understand the medical terminology of their lab results and / or tissue biopsy reports.

I am a pathologist and director of clinical laboratory services. I have been a practicing pathologist for last 9 years in a 350 bed multi specialty hospital laboratory in India.

Indian association of pathologists and microbiologists.
International Academy of Cytology
International association of Pathologists - Indian division
Indian association of Cytology

MD (pathology) MBA