Pathology/recent blood test results

I recently had a bunch of blood test for a physical and a couple of things were higher and lower then norms my wbc = 13.2 10e3   Mcv  92.9 fl.    Plt 342 10e3   mpv 8.5 fl   Neut. 8/cmm.   Lymph 3.9/cmm   baso. 0.10/cmm   I have no idea what they mean  but I guess my question would be is there anything to worry about with these higher/lower numbers ?

Hello Joe:
I apologize for the delay in my reply.

Your complete blood count values are clinically insignificant unless you have some physical symptoms like fever, cold, sore throat, fatigue etc.
The MCV measures the volume of red blood cells and is mildly elevated, this may be normal for you. If it goes beyond 100 and your hemoglobin drops you may need treatment for anemia and Vit B12 if that is low.

However for now with minimal increase in white blood cell count  of 13000  there is not much to worry. This could be physiological ... From stress

Neha Dahiya MD

Help patients understand the medical terminology of their lab results and / or tissue biopsy reports.

I am a pathologist and director of clinical laboratory services. I have been a practicing pathologist for last 9 years in a 350 bed multi specialty hospital laboratory in India.

Indian association of pathologists and microbiologists.
International Academy of Cytology
International association of Pathologists - Indian division
Indian association of Cytology

MD (pathology) MBA