Pathology/endometrial currettage results

Hi there,
i recently had an endometrial ablation and curratage. i received the pathology report and it reads:

"abundant fragments of secretory endometrium day 25 mixed with foci of anovulatory type endometrial glands"

I have my follow up appointment only in July 2015...and was wondering what this means?
i have had this proceudre because of significantly heavy periods, with resulting anemia, as well as clots and pain.

Hello Jennifer:

I apologize for the delay. I thought I had sent a response to this query, but apparently it never got sent.

The report of the curettage has to be assessed with the date of your last menstrual period. If per your date you were at day 25 on the day the procedure was perfor then your hormonal status is in sync with the menstrual cycle and the glands present are in secretory phase as they should be by day 25. Few glands give appearance of lack of ovulation. A gynecologist will be better able to assess this in relation to your symptoms. I am not an expert at correlating the biopsy findings with clinical symptoms.

On the positive side there is no evidence of malignancy.
Hope this is information is helpful. All the best  

Neha Dahiya MD

Help patients understand the medical terminology of their lab results and / or tissue biopsy reports.

I am a pathologist and director of clinical laboratory services. I have been a practicing pathologist for last 9 years in a 350 bed multi specialty hospital laboratory in India.

Indian association of pathologists and microbiologists.
International Academy of Cytology
International association of Pathologists - Indian division
Indian association of Cytology

MD (pathology) MBA