Pathology/biopsy report of gall bladder.

Question
Hi,  I was gone through gall bladder removal surgery. The biopsy report described as. Chronic non specific cholecystitis and adenomyomatosis.  What are they exactly??

Thnx.

Answer
Hello:

The report indicates your gall bladder showed evidence of chronic non specific cholecystitis... In other words it showed features of long standing, non specific inflammation of the gall bladder. In addition it had adenomyomatosis.... Which is thickening of gall bladder wall and the lining of gall bladder in agitating into the wall to form glands. Again a sign of long standing inflammation. This can be because of gall stones, infection in the gall bladder, excess cholesterol in gall bladder, blockage to flow of bile etc.

Once taken out there should not be any other problems associated with it.
Your doctor will advise about dietary modifications and to avoid fatty, fried food.

Pathology

Neha Dahiya MD