Pediatric Dentistry/tooth decay

I have a daughter that will be two next month. The two front teeth and the tooth next to it is decayed really bad. I was wondering what can be done to fix this and if anyone knows about how much the procedure will cost because I don't have insurance but I'm highly considering putting her on humana.

Dear Jessica;

I cannot give you an estimate on the cost of treatment for you daughter.  The first step for you to take is find a pediatric dentist in your area who will comprehensively examine your daughter to assess her oral health.  You should ask your friends and your child's pediatrician for a referral.

Once you know the treatment needs that are recommended, you can then make a decision whether it is in your best interest to acquire dental insurance to help with the cost of treatment.

I hope this helps to get you started.

Dr. Glen

Pediatric Dentistry

Glen Ehrenman D.D.S.

I can answer any question in the field of pediatric dentistry which may include questions regarding interceptive orthodontics.

I have been in private practice for 26 years in Westbury, NY. My practice treats patients from infancy through their late adolescence.

American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Nassau County Dental Society American Dental Association New York State Dental Association

SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine 1981-1985 Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY, Pediatric Dentistry 1985-1987

Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Asst. Professor-SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine-Dept of Children's Dentistry Attending DDS-SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital Attending DDS-North Shore University Hospital at Syosset Attending DDS-Winthrop University Hospital