Pediatric Dentistry/Abnormal Growth

My six(6)year old daughter has what appears to be a tooth growing under her tongue on the floor of her mouth.If possible could you explain what this is and what needs to be done about it?

This is very common, I get 3 to 4 calls a week for this. I recommend that you allow it to continue to erupt, once it comes in the mouth enough the tongue will push it forward and loosen the baby tooth. once all 4 lowers are in then you can have the Orthodontist take a look. If you pull out the baby teeth to soon then you produce space problems for the remaining dentition. Best wishes

Pediatric Dentistry

Michael D. Saxe D.M.D.

All questions related to Pediatric Dentistry, Dental Growth, Dental Trauma, First Dental visit, Baby Bottle tooth Decay, Dental Sedation, Etc...

20 years private practice as a Pediatric Dentist, Staff at University Of Nevada School of Dental Medicine, Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry.

ADA, AAPD, Nevada dental society, Clark County Dental Society, Cal. AAPD, Western society of Pediatric Dentistry, Southern Nevada CFA Team core member.

ASDC Journal

Washington University in Saint Louis, Dental School University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, residency

Top pediatric Dental office 6 years in a row.