Pediatric Dentistry/Abnormal Growth

Question
My six(6)year old daughter has what appears to be a tooth growing under her tongue on the floor of her mouth.If possible could you explain what this is and what needs to be done about it?

Answer
This is very common, I get 3 to 4 calls a week for this. I recommend that you allow it to continue to erupt, once it comes in the mouth enough the tongue will push it forward and loosen the baby tooth. once all 4 lowers are in then you can have the Orthodontist take a look. If you pull out the baby teeth to soon then you produce space problems for the remaining dentition. Best wishes

Pediatric Dentistry

Michael D. Saxe D.M.D.