Pediatric Dentistry/Cavity

Are there any risks, allergic/adverse reaction to getting a cavity filled for the first time?

Dear Nikki;

In any medical or dental procedure, their are risks involved. When a patient has a cavity filled for the first time, usually it should be a noneventful procedure. However, you should speak to your dentist and specifically ask how the procedure is going to be performed and ask specific questions that will better inform you. Unfortunately, your question is to general to answer here.

Again, a majority of procedures that are performed are noneventful!

Dr. Glen

Pediatric Dentistry

Glen Ehrenman D.D.S.

I can answer any question in the field of pediatric dentistry which may include questions regarding interceptive orthodontics.

I have been in private practice for 26 years in Westbury, NY. My practice treats patients from infancy through their late adolescence.

American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Nassau County Dental Society American Dental Association New York State Dental Association

SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine 1981-1985 Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY, Pediatric Dentistry 1985-1987

Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Asst. Professor-SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine-Dept of Children's Dentistry Attending DDS-SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital Attending DDS-North Shore University Hospital at Syosset Attending DDS-Winthrop University Hospital