Pediatric Dentistry/adult teeth not growing in

Question
My daughter is 7. She lost an upper front tooth about a year ago, then within the last month and a half she has lost the other top front tooth along with both upper lateral incisors. So she is currently missing all four front upper teeth. They are not growing back in. I realize that the newer lost teeth will take some time, but the fact that she lost one of those last year and it hasn't started growing back is what is puzzling me. Before then she lost her two front bottom teeth and they have grown in fully. She lost a lower incisor as well and that has not grown in. What could be causing this?

Answer
Dear Brandi;

Children start exchanging their front teeth between the ages of 6-8 years of age on average.  Your daughter is still in that window.  Their can be a few reasons for this situation occurring. An extra tooth, severe crowding (large permanent teeth, previous trauma to the mouth.  An Xray of the area should tell you all the information to let you know what is actually going on in your daughter's mouth.  This is not an uncommon situation.

Dr. Glen

Pediatric Dentistry

Glen Ehrenman D.D.S.