Pediatric Dentistry/Alternative to RCT

Question
Sir/Madam
1)My grandson is just 6 years and VERY NAUGHTY.For some problem my dentist has advised RCT for him.But the problem is that he may not cooperate and more trouble may be faced.But Root canal treatment for  teeth in children is a complex procedure requiring lengthy appointments and multiple visits .
2)If alternatively PRIMARY TOOTH IS EXTRACTED ERUPTION OF PERMANENT TOOTH WILL BE A PROBLEM OR WILL NOT ERUPT AT ALL
3)Whether Sealants can be used. It is seen  Xylitol is an  alternative for  patients to  manage recurring cavities easily,.Whether chewing xylitol gum, eating cheese and rinsing with water after meals may all play a role in reducing bacteria, neutralizing acids in the mouth and preventing tooth erosion.
  Whether for a 6 year old boy Xylitol should be taken  as chewing  gum.
   Please help with your answer

Answer
Hello Kalyan

1) Root canal treatment for children can be completed in single visit and preferred treatment over extraction of tooth. The problem of cooperation of naughty child should not be with the parents but lies with the pediatric dentist. Pediatric dentist are trained to handle naughty children and usually manages well a 6 year old child for single visit root canal treatment. In extreme cases, sedation/ general anesthesia is an alternative to provide single visit root canal treatment. there is no alternative to rct.
2) Your 2nd point statement is true.
3) These modalities work in initial stages and not at a stage where root canal treatment is advocated. these are basically preventive in future problems from developing. These can't reverse the advanced and already developed problem. you can use the xylitol chewing gum for 6 year old boy.

Hope your queries would have been done with this, if anymore you are most welcome.  

Pediatric Dentistry

HITESH MITTAL