Pediatric Dentistry/Crooked incisors

My daughter is 6 and she is getting the new sets if teeth and four incisors are crooked. Pls Give me suggestions what to do.thanks

Hi Afrah;

This is very common.  The lower front teeth will eventually need to be straightened with orthodontic braces.  From the picture I am a little concerned with her front right tooth.  It appears to be growing behind the lower front teeth.  If this is the case, this is called an anterior crossbite.  You don't want that tooth growing behind the lower tooth.  She will need an orthodontic appliance to push that tooth forward so it overlaps the lower teeth.  If this is not the case, no worries and just start saving for braces when she is older.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Glen

Pediatric Dentistry

Glen Ehrenman D.D.S.

I can answer any question in the field of pediatric dentistry which may include questions regarding interceptive orthodontics.

I have been in private practice for 26 years in Westbury, NY. My practice treats patients from infancy through their late adolescence.

American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Nassau County Dental Society American Dental Association New York State Dental Association

SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine 1981-1985 Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY, Pediatric Dentistry 1985-1987

Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Asst. Professor-SUNY at Stony Brook, School of Dental Medicine-Dept of Children's Dentistry Attending DDS-SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital Attending DDS-North Shore University Hospital at Syosset Attending DDS-Winthrop University Hospital