Pediatric Dentistry/Reappearance of teeth after initial fallout of milk teeth

"My grandson is 5years 10 months old.Milk teeth have fallen out 2 nos (cental upper incisior)first followed by 2nos central incisior(lower).But the problem is that upper ones are not reappearing at all,although more the 8 months have passed since the fallout.Kindly suggest some remedy."

Hi Kalyan,
Thanks for the query

Children start exchanging their front teeth between the ages of 6-8 years of age on average.  Upper central incisor erupt at age of 7-8 years usually. Your grandson is approximately 2 years far from that time period. Their can be a few reasons for delayed eruption of teeth like an extra tooth hindering in pathway, severe crowding, large permanent teeth, previous trauma to the mouth.  
I advise you to WAIT and WATCH only at present. This is a common thing. However, you may go for an X-ray of the area to know and ensure that normal development of teeth is going on.  

Pediatric Dentistry

All questions related to Pediatric and preventive dentistry like First Dental visit, Tooth development and eruption, dental anomaly, crooked teeth, tooth decay, nursing caries, prevention of tooth decay,dental Trauma and dental Sedation etc...

Four years of clinical experience at center of excellence in the field(PGIMER, Chandigarh, India)

I have done my MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, India. I also have worked as Senior research fellow in Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi funded projects in the field.