Pediatrics/Toddler has very loose, foul smelling bowel movements (burning her bottom)

Tammy wrote at 2009-05-13 19:36:37
I'm wondering if she has problem with Hypothyroid.. you may want tet her Thyroid checked. i have some simaler symptoms, peeling nails, mood swings, odd bowl movements, and vary small. I was the 1st baby diagnosed with Hypothyroid disease in Canada many many years ago. Good luck.

Jane wrote at 2010-10-08 02:25:04
You might want to look into a condition called Hypobetalipoproteinemia. It usually shows up in infancy and it's often associated with white or pale stool.

jensgifts.etsy wrote at 2011-03-15 00:24:48
She is allergic to cow's milk!!!  I am not anti-doctor by any means, but most pediatricians deny that baby's can have food allergies.  My daughter had a stuffy nose, vomited, would scream half the night, curling up and then arching her back, would get very stiff, had to be walked up and down stairs to calm her down or at least you had to pace the floor with her (no rocking chairs for us!), rubs her feet together, etc...  the doctor said it was acid reflux.  She didn't get better with medicine, though, and finally a nutrionist told us to cut milk and she it was like night and day.  I HIGHLY recommend you read the book, "Is This Your Child?" by Dr. Doris Rapp.  She has observed that mood swings, hyperactivity, and dark circles under the eyes are all allergy symptoms.  PLEASE try cutting dairy! But you have to cut ALL dairy (read every label:  look for casein & whey, as well as milk).  Even hotdogs have milk in them as a filler if you don't buy all beef.  I hope things get better soon!

vic wrote at 2011-05-08 04:16:07
does she eat gluten?  Have you ruled out celiac disease with your doctor?

Jess wrote at 2012-08-30 01:54:41
I know this is an old post but we are going through something similar and it looks like DS has coeliacs disease, pale, foul stools are a strong symptom of this! Toddler diarrhoea is NOT a diagnosis, it is a symptom of an underlying problem.  Hope you got it sorted, just thought I'd add my 2 cents!

Jess wrote at 2012-08-30 01:56:15
Would also explain the mood swings, coughing and wheezing (due to reflux and pain)

Annie wrote at 2012-12-21 01:57:43
Has she been tested for gluten intolerance? Lost of the symptoms you mentions are relative to such an intolerance. My daughter was first diagnosed with a blood test for ttg/iga. Her symptoms were not typical but the moody, irritable, waking up crying-often, foul light coloured stool, lack of energy, was enough for the doc to test this. Its worth a try.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.