Pediatrics/Two year old with re-occurring scabs on scalp.

tiffany wrote at 2012-10-25 00:56:36
I have this very same thing on my scalp. I contracted it several years ago. When it gets to this stage, I have to go to dermatologist and have them scrape a culture and it usually comes back as staph. They have prescribed me dioxcyclene to help treatment long term. It seems nothing works. Although, I have had some relief with using some of the T-sal shampoo. Another treatment is to put him on a diet and check his worst flare-up times. He could be allergic to milk, yeast or citrus products. It's a long hard road. I've lived with it for almost 20 years. it's gotten to the point that I want to shave my head bald. Sometimes the sun's uv rays or salty ocean helps heal this up. Main thing I gotten good results from is keeping my hair very clean and dry and using peroxide on it. I'm so sorry that this is affecting your baby. God bless you in finding relief for him and a cure. :)

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.