Pediatrics/Cough and Cold

Question
Dear Doctor,
My 1 year old baby suffering from cough and cold problem, this is Forth time in this season that he faced this problem, Doctor suggested Koldar - CP (Paracetamol IP 125 mg, Pheylephrine HCL 5mg, Chlorpheniramine Maleate 1 mg)/Levoline syrup/ Engal Dry Syrup (Cefuroxime Axetic IP Equivalent To Cefuroxime 125 mg)/Monticope ( Montelukast 4mg & levocetizine Dihydrocholride Suspension 2.5 ) and also suggested for nabulize with Levoline 0.31 mg ( Till coughing problem )and Budecord 0.5 mg ( for three month at night ). Could you please suggest that why so long treatment is given for coughing and cold problem.
regards,
AK

Answer
It is difficult to advise regarding treatment without clinical examination. It is quite common for children of this  age to suffer from repeated attacks of cough and cold. That is how the immune system develops.
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/recurrent_illness.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri