Pediatrics/Ilness and attention deficit disorder

Question
Dear Doctor,

My son is three years old and gets fever quite often. The frequency is that he gets fever atleast twice in a month and the temperature goes to 103 or 104 F. Whenever he gets fever, he is given antibiotics by his doctor. Please let me know if i need to meet any specialist to get further medical tests done for him.

Apart from this, he is very inattentive. He doesn't reply to the question we ask and he can hardly speaks few words. His eye contact is very less when we try talking to him. We are worried if we need to get an assessment done for him by a psychologist. Please suggest if there are chances of ADD.

Answer
you need to meet a pediatrician to investigate causes of recurrent fever.

if he can hardly speak few words at 3 year age... its a significant delay.

you need an assesment by pediatrician,psychiatrist , speech therapist and occupational therapist.

if you are in Mumbai you may contact me www.kondekar.com has address of my clinic.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician