Pediatrics/paedeatric/vaccination

Question
my baby boy was born on 5th of october 2012 prematurely by caeserian though the date was 2nd november 2012 weighing 1.6 kg. now on 19th november he weighs 2.5 kg. today was the date for his vaccination of  DPT+Hepetitis B+Hib+opv+ipv first dose. he got the first dose of BCG+OPV on 25/10/2012.
The doctor seeing him reommended pentaxim+prevnare-13+rotarix as the first dose but lesser pain and as optional vaccine. but in the hospital the same doctor was on leave and when we went we could see another doctor who strongly objected to these medicines and rather recommended pentavac+innovax injections and gave this.in addition they gave polio drops also.
my question:
1/. the boy got fever and pain and is crying hard. is it normal?
2. was it the correct to give pentavac_innovax rather than pentaxim+prevnare-13+rotarx?
3. i was told by previous doctor that pentaxim pains less and causes less fever but the current doctor strongly objected to this and told that they dont recommend pentaxim  and even told that it is now a days being withdrawn in developed countries. moreover i was suggested tht this pentavac is more safer and traditional and well tested despite the pain and all..the doctor also gave the explanation of difficulty also in giving it by pricking as it comes out or sthing....i could nt understand. is the claims  true?
4. can i continue with pentaxim in my next dose at 3 months?
5 can i  give rotarx and prevnare-13 on 3 months or what time shd i give?

Answer
== second dose preferably should not be before 1 month from this.He should have preferably been given given hepatitis B with this.

The doctor seeing him reommended pentaxim+prevnare-13+rotarix as the first dose but lesser pain and as optional vaccine.

=== he should have added hepatitis B with this also.Combination is Ok and individual doctors may be allowed to change schedules as per convenience, within limits.

but in the hospital the same doctor was on leave and when we went we could see another doctor who strongly objected to these medicines
== no reason to object he should have added hepatitis B.This schedule is new, its changed from July 2012

and rather recommended pentavac+innovax injections and gave this.in addition they gave polio drops also.
=== this is Ok.. it will miss out costly vaccines. was the old schedule.

my question:
=== pentavac is known to cause this for 24 hours.. but not with pentaxim.

=== noone is wrong, but they should have informed you what child is missing with both these protocols. As first one missed pneumonia, diarrhea and second one missed hepatitis B.

3. i was told by previous doctor that pentaxim pains less and causes less fever but the current doctor strongly objected to this and told that they dont recommend pentaxim  and even told that it is now a days being withdrawn in developed countries.
not  exactly.

moreover i was suggested tht this pentavac is more safer and traditional and well tested despite the pain and all..
== not exactly. the only advantage with pentavac is that it is less costly and covers hepatitis B in addition but has no IPV.

the doctor also gave the explanation of difficulty also in giving it by pricking as it comes out or sthing....i could nt understand. is the claims  true?
===No

== this is questionable as there is no evidence to support it. most companies prefer that you continue the first three after BCg with same company injetions. though many doctors switchover to painless and face no proven problems.You can add pneumo , rota next visit.

== earliest started is with 6 weeks.. rota shouldnot be given after 6 months,.

read detailed immunisation schedule and download it in wor d format at my website
www.doctorchild.com

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician