Pediatrics/thread under the tongue in 6 month baby

Question
sir,

My 6 month old baby boy has that thread under the tongue since birth. At birth when we asked the pediatrician to cut that thread he said my son is too small at that time to cut it. i wanted to know what are the side effects of that thread on the child's speech. People says that kids either starts to speak late or they r not able to speak clearly. I do not want my baby to go through the pain. Kindly advice.

Answer
Every body has thread… when it makes tongue difficult to take out of mouth… then surely surgery is needed… often by six month age we come to know about this…
Its better performed around six month age .
Surgery after 1 year age may cause early speech delay.
Surgery after two years some consonents may get altered too.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician